Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Here We Go...

I have always had weight issues. I have never in my life had a flat stomach. I felt fat and thus ugly and finally felt insufficient in everything. But All that is over. I found the love of my life and he loves me for me. I'm twenty pounds heavier than when we started dating and he still treats me like I'm the hottest thing he's ever seen.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ helped me before then to learn to love myself. To love my mind and soul. To appreciate all the talents I have and the amazing potential of a human being. I can do anything I want to do, If I want it bad enough. But David taught me to love my body too. And I do. I love it for its amazing abilities and for the strength it possesses. I love it as part of the whole of me. Loving it doesn't mean I shouldn't want to change it. Because I love my body I know I need to change it. For the first time in a long time I am trying to get fit because I love myself not because I don't like myself and want to change me.
I lost weight years ago, went from size 12 to size 4 in about 4 months. and I wasn't really trying. I just wanted to escape my life and usually did so at the gym. It wasn't a happy thing but it did teach me something. Before that I had the resolution in my mind that my size was just the way it was. And that there was no changing it. That weight loss experience taught me that I can get there. It is possible.  Unfortunately I took it for granted and when I went from my pizza delivery job to a telemarketing job I gained 50 pounds over 3 years and got to the point where I couldn't fit any jeans. I was wearing elastic band pants. I felt depressed and hopeless. Powerless like I couldn't do anything different. I am so ashamed that I had such little faith in my potential.
Today I start my journey again. I am married to a wonderful man. He loves me for me. And now I love me for me. Its time to show my body the love it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment